Saturday, September 4, 2010

In Memory...

I attended the funeral of my girlfriend's husband today. His baby girl just turned 2 months over the weekend (they have 4 girls in all....the oldest started kindergarten on Tuesday). It was a beautiful service, though hearts were heavy and sorrowful. He took his own life last Monday. He left no note. My friend's father (who is a bishop in Utah) spoke at the end of the funeral about those in this life who take their own. He spoke of the Lord being judge and we being judged for our good works while here on Earth. This husband....was a GOOD man. He was constantly in the service of others. I came to realize as I sat there during the service, just how grateful I am for the Savior and His atonement. Knowing that I will probably never understand the possibly frightening and deeply saddening things that may have gone through this man's mind, it is hugely comforting that Christ has experienced all of it and can offer the kind of peace to the family that no human can. I love the Lord Jesus Christ. How fortunate we are to know Him and know His peace. And how fortunate we are to know that because of the blessings of the temple, we will be with our families again.

0 comments: