Saturday, September 25, 2010

Adding to our family

After some careful thought and great consideration, Dallin and I decided that in lieu of more kids, we would adopt 2 kittens! Actually, we've seen several mice in some of our window wells and I am not looking forward to the fact that they may get inside my house....again. We decided we wanted some Siamese cats, so I called our local animal shelter and asked if they had any kittens. They had 2 Siamese kittens that were 5 weeks old. Obviously, they are not full Siamese (that's okay). Asher (the boy) looks like a white tiger. He has beautiful stripes in his fur. Bella (the girl) has a light spot on her nose, toe, and the tip of her tail. Both have Siamese markings also.

Meet Asher....















and Bella....















We've had them for about a month and I haven't taken pictures of them before now because I couldn't decide if I wanted to keep them. Why? I know....they're really cute. But, since having them I've discovered that I am a control freak. I CANNOT control these kittens! And, if I don't watch them when I let them out of the bathroom (They stay in our basement bathroom which is large and not often used) they will sometimes PEE on my floor. Grrrr! But, over the past week, I have seen some great improvement from them and have had a change of heart. And really.....do I want to deal with cat pee and maybe have to clean my carpets every week or do I want the disgustingness (yes that's my word) of having a mouse in my house? I choose the cat pee. I have a shampooer. I can clean. I can't deal with mice! And, they better be good mousers too!

Bella and Asher have cute personalities too. Bella is really gun shy. Probably because Kam keeps picking her up and then he tosses her when we catch him holding her. Not so fun for her. Asher will get this look on his face (or in his eyes) and then he'll leap at you! If you're laying on the floor this is not a fun experience. Both scale my legs to sit on my shoulders. I think I'm their "person" and honestly.....I kind of like that! So, welcome to the family!

0 comments: