Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Children of those in the medical field

We were invited to a family summer fun party by one of the doctors in Dallin's group. This event was held at the park and there were many doctors and nurses present. That being said, it shouldn't have surprised me to overhear a conversation between 3 girls (who were probably no more than 8 or 9). This is what I heard (beware....this might be a little to graphic for some!). "It was a decapitation. You know, the head was cut off and there was a significant loss of blood." Inside, I was laughing because it was almost like hearing my older two playing! Obviously, the one speaking must be a child of a medical person. It is nearly on a daily basis that my older two are whisking one of their stuffed animals off in an "ambulance" to the "er" to perform some medically necessary surgery! Sometimes they will come and tell me how they were able to "save" the animals life. I guess that's what comes from begging their dad to tell them about his work day (and working on the ambulance he had all sorts of sordid details to impart!). I love it (okay maybe not so much the blood, but it's pretty cute the way they play)!

1 comments:

Angela said...

That's awesome. I would like my kids to be more into that kind of stuff but Casey has a strict "leave work at work" policy and we hardly ever get to hear the gory details.