Saturday, March 6, 2010

The field trip

It all started when Dallin volunteered to help a man in our ward wrangle sheep. The man needed to corral his sheep into the sheep barn so they could be sheared. The night before this event, Shebli asked Dallin why he was wearing his camo. Was he going hunting? He told her no, he was going to herd some sheep. Shelbi, looking at her dad with the saddest expression and near tears, says to him, "Daddy, I don't want you to do that. We love sheep!" It took a moment to understand her sadness. When Dallin said he was going to "herd" sheep, Shelbi thought he said "hurt" sheep (I would cry too)!

The next morning, Dallin calls and says that I should bring Kam and Shelbi out to this man's house because they would really enjoy seeing the sheep get their hair cut. So, we loaded up and away we went!


The missionaries in our ward also helped. Shelbi was elated when she saw they were there! Both Gav and Shelbi LOVE the missionaries!


This is after the shearing. Shelbi asked if it hurt and I told her no. However, I was really glad she didn't notice that some of them had a little blood on them (from being nicked). Kam loved the sheep, but I think he was more excited about the dog and the chickens that were there too! I laughed almost the entire time they were moving the sheep into the pens! The sheep didn't want to go and tried to escape and sometimes the boys were run over....by sheep! Good times!

3 comments:

Ian and Lara said...

How fun! You guys are really getting into the whole Wyoming thing! :) Miss you guys!

Angela said...

That's really neat! I wish my kids could go see something like that. They kind of saw a sheep shearing at the Iowa fair, but they were too young to remember or care much.

I just knew WY would have lots to make you never want to leave. ;)

Clark Family said...

That's awesome! What an adventure!! Great pictures.