Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Just for the record....

Ever since Dallin found out he and his brothers drew out for the non-resident hunt in Wyoming, he has been walking around the house in his hunting boots, wearing camo hats, watching hunting shows, and looking at the latest camping/hiking equipment. Sigh....the hunt is not until OCTOBER! So, I fear I will have to endure the obsessive nature of my husband for the next 8 months! And, just so you know, he wears a different pair of hiking boots every day! He has printed out a topographical map of the area they will be hunting and is already studying the lay of the land. I think I need another girl in the house...my boys are on a hunting rampage! I know there must be others that can relate?! Maybe the girls need to plan a HUGE party to be thrown upon their departure and we can spend the next 8 months planning it! Who's with me?

4 comments:

Ian and Lara said...

I am so with you!!! Ian is like a little kid at Christmas every day talking about this hunt. I so agree that we need to plan a girls trip so we can look forward to something too!!

Mical and Diana said...

I can totally relate..... to Dallin. Sorry Paula. It's what we do. I'm sure Diana would love to be in on whatever "girl thing" you guys plan.

Angela said...

I cannot relate. At all. But I think it's cool. I really enjoy elk meat so I'm a little jealous. Venison's good, too. The hunting life is so foreign to me it makes me think all of the "playing dress up" is like Halloween all year long! (but not the scary kind, just the fun kind)

Paul, ShaRee & Kids said...

I'm in Paula. Let's do it! I vote we do it AFTER the hunt. That way we can fly somewhere to have fun, and THEY can watch the kids. Deal?!?!?!?