Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The stress of it all....

This past week has been very hard for me. My dad was put in the hospital a week ago Sunday. They thought he had e-coli, but it turns out that he had some other kind of bacterial infection. He was released yesterday and is sounding much better. And then there's my own personal issues and feeling like I need to have friends to validate my own self worth. It's so easy to forget who I really am when I get caught up in what everyone else is doing. I have no control over the actions of other people and when I'm drowning in my own ocean of tears, I don't remember that my worth is not determined by my friend's choices. It's hard for me to not compare myself to other moms. I know that's a dangerous road and everyone's circumstances are different. I need to pull myself out of my hole of self pity and focus on what's really important in my life: my family, my children. In the end, they're what I really live for.

1 comments:

Angela said...

I love you my sweet friend! I am so sorry that you have to go through this. Luckily you get to move away from all of the shunning people soon :"(. Not really. I don't want you to move cuz you're my only friend. What will I do without you? So...wanna come over on Thursday and see how my switched around living room looks? I can show you the Saxon books while you're here? I just have to mow the lawn first. See you tommorrow night! Love, Ange