Monday, January 10, 2011

The Haircut

This is the before....


This is after....

On Christmas Eve, we had just finished our family home evening lesson and the kids were playing for a few minutes before bed. Shelbi disappeared upstairs and returned a few minutes later with a noticeable hair cut. I gasped...and nearly cried! I said, "Oh, Shelbi! What did you do?" (the whole time thinking this was a scrapbooking moment). Her reply was, "Mom, my hair was hanging down and it was bothering me. So, I had to cut it." And now.....she looks older! I'm still adjusting to the bangs, but she loves them (I had them fixed, by the way). Hopefully, this is a one time event!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Too cute!! At least it was fixable!! She looks adorable!!

Ian and Lara said...

She is adorable with bangs or without! Love that little smile!

Angela said...

I love it! She has good sense of what to do with her own hair, it sounds like :). I can't believe she is 5! Riis turns 5 in a couple of weeks. So crazy!

Hope you're not freezing there! It was nice and warm on Saturday then it was snowing on Sunday and freezing ever since! Brrrrr!!!