Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween Fun!

This year for Halloween, we headed out with some friends to do some old fashioned trick or treating (as opposed to a trunk or treat). My kids were too young to remember REAL trick or treating. They had so much fun and came home with WAY too much candy!

Our little spooks at the ward carnival. Gav was a knight, Shelbi was a lady bug, and Kamron was a frog prince. He tolerated his costume VERY well. He even kept the hood on for a little while!

We carved pumpkins and as always, the kids loved it. They were fascinated by the pumpkin "guts", though neither Gav nor Shelbi wanted to touch them. Gavin wanted to save the pumpkin seeds, but I said no. Dallin, of course, was totally decked out for this adventure. But, as the family knows, he is ALWAYS prepared!

Kam's, Shelbi's, & Gav's pumpkins

This is the finished product. I love it when the pumpkins are finished and we light candles in them. The kids love the spooky glow and I LOVE to scare them!

4 comments:

Shalene said...

ok, I updated your address...glad I did! I am really loving that pumpkin with all the holes.

Abbie said...

Cute pumpkins! Dallin was very prepared. I didn't realize you had to go to such extreme cautions when you carve a pumkin-although he was working with the power tools. lol Looks like you had fun. Love the kids costumes.

Mical and Diana said...

Love the power tool pumpkin!

Angela said...

Those are great pictures! The "Holy" Jack O Lantern is neat! I feel totally out of the loop for Halloween! Marina's kids were sick wo totally just stayed home and welcomed a wopping 2 trick-or-treaters to our house! My poor deprived kids got to watch Pooh's Heffalump Halloween and were fine without the excess candy, so I guess I should be happy.:)