Thursday, November 20, 2008

Birthday time!

This year, Dallin and I decided to give the kids one big birthday present. We sent them on a treasure hunt to find it and they both loved the game and the prize at the end! It was so fun! As most of you know, Gav and Shelbi share a birthday and I always thought it would be as they got older that they would want separate birthdays. I was so wrong. On our way to pick up the birthday cakes, Shelbi said to me in the saddest voice possible, "Momma, I don't want to share my birthday with Gav. I just want him to share his with Daddy." Gavin didn't say anything about sharing birthdays until the next day and he asked, "Will I always have to share my birthday with my sister?" To that I replied, "Next year we'll do something different. You two can have two different days to celebrate." This seemed to placate them both. But, all in all, it was a very fun day for us!

0 comments: